Geronimo 1.0 Release Pending
If you’re coming here regarding the press release about the 1.0 release of Geronimo, that release came out a bit too soon. The Geronimo team would like you to know that it is very close, but it hasn’t quite finished cooking yet. ”
At the same time a couple of products used by Geronimo have been incorporated into the Apache Incubator, these include
- ActiveMQ - a JMS-compliant enterprise messaging platform
- OpenEJB - a modular, configurable, and extendable EJB Container System and EJB Server
- ServiceMix - a JBI-based enterprise service bus and SOA toolkit
- WADI - a clustering, load-balancing and fail-over solution
- XBean - a plug-in-based server framework, analogous to the Eclipse plug-in-based, IDE framework Geronimo is a interesting piece of software, I really hope it will succeed.